Let's Protect Your Loved Ones.
Your estate planning needs are our focus. We offer a full spectum of estate planning services to protect you and your loved ones.
Utah Wills are an estate planning tool to designate who is responsible to handle your estate at your demise and how your property should be distributed. A will must be created while the testator is alive and has the mental capacity to appreciate his or her property and his actions.
When Do I Need A Will?
- You want to determine how your estate will be distributed
- You want to identify who will take care of your minor children
- You want to make a gift or donation
- You want to disinherit an heir
- You want to avoid greater legal challenges
Requirements for a Valid Will
For a will to be enforceable, they must be executed consistent with the requirements set forth in U.C.A. § 75-2-501 et seq:
- The individual is 18 years of age or older;
- The individual is of sound mind;
- Be in writing;
- Signed by the testator; and
- Signed by at least two witnesses.
Schedule a free consultation today to create or update your estate plan.
No matter what type of estate planning issue you face, attorneys at Ascent Law are here to help you through it.